Top 9 Healthiest Foods to Eat to Lose Weight
Super-foods build bones, prevent chronic diseases, improve your eyesight, and even keep your mind sharp. But did you know new evidence suggests these foods can also help you get—and stay—slim?
- Chicken Skinless chicken breasts are a traditional backbone of healthy weight-loss plans. Because chicken has no carbs and just 5 g of fat per 3- to 4-oz. serving, many dieters rely primarily on chicken for their protein needs. Whether you prefer the breast or a skinless thigh or leg — which are similar in low-fat content — chicken is an excellent source of lean protein and has essential nutrients, including iron and zinc.
- Eggs- Eggs are among the healthiest foods on the planet and the yolk is by far the most nutritious part. Just imagine, the nutrients contained in one egg are enough to grow an entire baby chicken. Despite the fear mongering of the past few decades, eating eggs does NOT give you heart attacks. It’s nonsense. Eating eggs changes your cholesterol from small, dense LDL (bad) to large LDL (good), increases HDL (good) cholesterol and provides the unique antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin which are incredibly important for eye health. Eggs are high on the satiety index which means that they are particularly prone to make you feel full and eat less overall calories. A study in 30 overweight and obese women revealed that a breakfast of eggs made them eat less overall calories for up to 36 hours. Bottom Line: Eggs are extremely nutritious and are so fulfilling that they make you eat less overall calories. Among the healthiest foods on the planet.
- Fish- Fish is very healthy and eating it is associated with a much lower risk of depression, other mental disorders and several chronic diseases.
- Vegetables- Vegetables are high in fiber, antioxidants and nutrients but very low in calories. Eat a variety of vegetables every day.
- Fruit- Fruits are real foods. They are tasty, increase variety in the diet and don’t require preparation. If you enjoy eating fruit, have some. If you need to lose weight then it’s probably best not to eat more than one per day.
- Nuts and Seeds- Nuts and seeds are nutritious, healthy and generally associated with improved health. Eat them, but not too much.
- Tubers- If you’re healthy, active and don’t need to lose weight, you can eat tubers like potatoes and sweet potatoes.
- Fats and Oils- Supplement your diet with some healthy saturated and monounsaturated fats. If appropriate, take some cod fish liver oil each day. Choose saturated fats for high-heat cooking.
- High-Fat Dairy- High-fat dairy is associated with lower risk of weight gain and a reduction in cardiovascular disease risk in some observational studies.
Team IB wishes you all a beautiful,blessed day with your loved ones
Season’s Greetings & Best Wishes!
May you be bestowed with knowledge and wisdom, have a blessed Vasant Panchami!
Season’s Greetings & Best wishes to all!
Abis Rice Bran Oil, The best Cooking Oil for your health !
“Rice bran oil is made from bran which makes it rich in Vitamin E that is essentially an antioxidant. The National Institute of Nutrition and The Indian Council of Medical Research recommend oils that have an equal proportion of saturated fatty acids, monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats. Rice bran oil has an almost balanced fatty acid composition that is close to this ratio. Rice bran oil is rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and free of trans-fats.
“It is rich in Vitamin E which is powerful antioxidant and has antimutagenic properties which prevent from cancer. Vitamin E also helps in boosting your immunity,”. “It contains high levels of natural antioxidants which boost your metabolic rate and may help with weight loss,”. The high level of antioxidants not only makes this oil healthy but also makes it resist rancidity and spoilage. It has a long shelf life. Squalene is a compound present in Rice Bran Oil which is easily absorbed by the skin and keeps it soft, supple and smooth. It is an anti-inflammatory and some studies have shown that its consumption can reduce the effects of menopause like hot flashes.
Content Source: Ndtv.com
ABIS Rice Bran Health, Heart friendly oil!
A good cooking oil doesn’t just add life to the most common foods, but also plays a pivotal role in your health. It could affect your cholesterol levels, alter your metabolic syndrome and if you’re using the right kind of oil, it could also reduce inflammation. That’s what makes it all the more important to pick the right one.
It is known as the heart-friendly oil. “Rice bran health might help lower cholesterol because it contains the right amount of oryzanol which is an antioxidant. It helps decrease cholesterol absorption and increase cholesterol elimination,” says Gargi Sharma, Nutritionist & Weight-Management Expert. Indians are genetically prone to heart disease and therefore one should to take precautions to have a healthy heart.
Rice bran oil has an almost balanced fatty acid composition that is close to this ratio. Rice bran oil is rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and free of trans-fats. “It is rich in Vitamin E which is powerful antioxidant and has antimutagenic properties which prevent from cancer. Vitamin E also helps in boosting your immunity,” says Gargi.
“It contains high levels of natural antioxidants which boost your metabolic rate and may help with weight loss,” adds Gargi. The high level of antioxidants not only makes this oil healthy but also makes it resist rancidity and spoilage. It has a long shelf life.
Content source: Ndtv.com
The Cooking Oil that makes you Healthy!
Team IB wishes a very Happy & Prosperous Diwali to all!
We wish may this Janmashtami fills your life with all the colors of happiness- Team IB